Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Life is my favorite Drug of all :)

HAHA jk I've always wanted to say that but it sounds so friggin cheesy :)

As people say "Life must go on" and "you just gotta pick yourself back up and get going" and all those wonderful platitudes. While they may be true they seem a bit trite to me most days. But I guess I am trying to move on and get going with life again. I am working on the soon to be nursery, and by soon I mean anywhere between now and the next 5 years :). That has been nice. I got a really cute bedding set and a crib and a glider. Now I just need to save up some $$ so I can get a small book case and also the changing table.

Also I have been introduced to the wonderful world of Amish Friendship Bread :) Which might I add is the DEVIL! It is so yummy :) The only problem is I am going to end up as big as a house since the way it works you are making this yummy bread every 10 days....

On the adoption front things are going, thats about all I can say. I never here from our case worker so I don't know if things are good, bad or indifferent at this point in time. All I know is if I could bottle up my frustration and sell it we'd have a 100 babies by now ;)

I am also in the process of becoming a surrogate mom to a new little puppy. I'll be completly honest, I am scared outta my mind. And I also feel a little bit not guilty but an emotion similar to that. I really want to have a little heartbeat around the house to keep me company but at the same time I just don't feel l ike it should be anyone but Maggie. I don't know what to feel anymore. I guess I will jsut go into it with my heart open and not guarded and see what comes of it. I do know that if anything should happen to this little puppy like things have happended to our other dogs where they pass unexpectedly then I'm done. I  am keeping Brutus but no more dogs after that. I just don't think my heart could handle it.

But for now I will focus on the words of a little self help quote that always got me through rough times before.
Today is going to be a great day.
I choose to be happy.
Things don't get better by worrying about them.
I choose to be happy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl...You are so super cute! I added your button to my blog! Hope it helps...I would love to see you two as parents! We should get together sometime! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Me and Greg

Me and Greg

Black Bird

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones