Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Random Camping has it's moments :)

So this last weekend Greg came home from hunting early. The next day we got up and he informed me that we were going out for the day but to grab some pj's and extra g's "just in case". I have since learned that that is Greg's new way of getting what he wants. He tells me " Well I'm not sure about this or that it MIGHT happen" and then magically it always does :) So I go grab my stuff and we leave. We start driving and discussing where we want to go and so on.

 We end up somewhere by Kanosh (which oddly enough made me think of Ganache) We drove through that canyon. It was pretty and different to look at. We soon came upon a rattle snake.
After seeing no where to really camp and also I wanted to put some space between me and fangs pictured above so we kept on driving. We ended up driving up the Kimberly which leads down into Maryvale. Can I say breathtaking?? Holy Crap! The leaves up there were so beautiful!

We drove and drove and drove and did I mention we drove? Till we finally came upon a spot to pitch camp. We started unloading everything and Greg started chopping wood for a fire. Get this he actually USED a present I got him for christmas :) jk he is pretty good about it most of the time ! Artie was he wood chopping companion, where ever Greg went she was right behind him.



When she got bored of that and of me swatting her behind because she kept getting into the ashes she just plopped down next to me and Brutus.

After that Greg, Artie and I went on a big ride. Didn't see anything to shoot but it sure was pretty up there!

When we got back to camp We made dinner and then Artie was ready for bed. She went into the tent curled up into some blankets and was out like a light! The next day Greg and I went up the the Silver mine where I got some nice pics!






All in all it was a really fun trip! We listened to conference while driving through the mountains and we really were able to feel the spirit. It was nice to have some one on one time with Greg since I don't really see him anymore. Artie survived her first camping trip like a trooper! Hardly any complaining :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Me and Greg

Me and Greg

Black Bird

Followers


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones